Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ears pierced

Annie has been saying for some time that she wanted her ears pierced. Being able to express desire for holes in your ears is pretty much the only requirement in our house to take that crucial step in a young girl's life. She decided to be brave yesterday and do it. Leah kept saying that this would be Annie's first time to get her ears pierced and Brian kept following up with the fact that it would be her only time to get them pierced. It was funny to watch Leah be of assistance, seeing as how she has been though the procedure before. Four down, two to go, ears to be pierced that is.
She has no idea what she is in for
Pinning the hair back
Marking the point of entry
After the trauma-getting her ears cleaned
Watching the event at home

4 comments:

Christi said...

I am so jealous. I want Reagan to get her ears pierced so bad. It is an ongoing thing with Nick and me. Love the pictures.

Kara said...

I love the progression of pictures- beaming to tears! I bet it's so cute though! Glad she was brave enough to do it!

Lyndzi said...

Rachel!

I can't believe how much she looks like Brian. It a good thing she is getting her ears pierced so I can tell them apart. Hope your shindig went well and your DJ showed up. Miss you.

Bringhursts said...

She looked pretty awesome in Nursery with cool earrings and she was so proud of them. I love that you rocked a country concert. Next time Todd will go with you since that's all he listens to. And, the Panty Fairy? Genius. Pure genius. However, I think if Captain Underpants came to our house, we'd have poo smeared all over the walls and carpet after about two hours. Oi vey.