Saturday, August 16, 2008

Losing time

Yesterday, I opened my blog and glanced at my baby count down. I have to admit that there is some satisfaction watching the days vanish as my due date grows closer. Well, yesterday it indicated that I was only 19 weeks along and still had 147 days left. I almost went into cardiac arrest. I knew this wasn't accurate, but I still freaked out a bit. I tried to fix it and apparantly there is something buggered up in the widget world. When I looked at the comments from other widget users, I was not the only pregnant lady who experienced the shock of being bumped back to 19 weeks along. The weird thing is that this was not the first incident where pregnant days have been taken away from me. At my last doctor's appointment the resident comes in to do the initial part of the visit and has the nerve to tell me that I am only 24.5 weeks along. Again, cardiac arrest is close. When I told him he was mistaken and I was 29 weeks his response was, "Well, this is what your chart says" (apparantly the medical chart is all-knowing). I began pleading my case, I showed him my bandaged arm where blood had been drawn minutes before for the dreaded glucose test (which is typically done between 26-28 weeks). He proceeded to measured me and wasn't convinced that I was as far along as I was saying. Well at this point, I am practically hyperventilating. Luckily, my doctor came in, measured me again and reassured me that I was indeed 29 weeks along and things were on schedule. Do people not realize the importance of those numbers as they move along? Apparantly not. I think the person in charge of the baby count down in widget world needs to be severely reprimanded for the shock that entered the hearts of thousands of waddling pregnant girls nearing the end of the whole process, who were kicked back to the first trimester. The resident might want to brush up on his skills as well.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Glad you got your baby ticker fixed, and I can't believe that DR was trying to tell you that you weren't that far along! What else could they mess up on??

Carrie and Bri said...

Daddy, I met a man, and he is wonderful, and we're getting married.:) Ha I can't believe I am 21 either. The scrub is delicious. I lathered my body with it the next day. You are rounding out the end here! Have you decided on a name yet?