Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School!!

It's back to school time and I must admit that this is one of my favorite times of the year. I get almost giddy with excitement when the pencils, notebooks, and folders hit the store shelves. I can't resist picking up a few items just for old times sake. I enjoy the nervousness that often accompanies the first day of school and I am somewhat sad that I will not be participating this year. My mom will be in her second semester of nursing school and my youngest sister will just be starting her nursing program. My brother-in-law is starting a masters program at the U and my other brother-in-law will continue is automotive training at Weber. There is a twinge of jealousy on my part, as these and others get to start back to school tomorrow. Brian will get to go to the first day of school, not as a student, but as a teacher (finally :-)), so that will be a new adventure for him. I will be teaching one micro lab at the community college, but it's just not the same as having my own black speckled notebook to record lab results in. My mom recently sent me a package that included some work that I had done when I was in kindergarten. As soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what it was, and I was transported back 25 years to Miss Wood's room. Oh the joys of education. Leah will be starting preschool next week and she is so excited. In fact, she thinks that after one week with Ms. Heather she will be promoted immediately to kindergarten. Deep down I hope that she is just as nerdy as me when it comes to approaching a new school year. I guess one of the good things about having kids is that you can relive your favorite times through them. So for those of you starting school tomorrow, good luck and have a great first day!

5 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Nice Post! I like the the memories that reading this brought to mind. it is an exciting time for new students...lonely for the grandma.

Christi said...

I love school too, and can't wait to go back!!! I am jealous that Leah gets to go to preschool. How fun!

Carrie and Bri said...

Thanks.:) I spent 40 dollars on school supplies. I couldn't believe myself. I spent 6 on highlighters that have page markers attached to them! They better be good. I am pretty excited to use them tomorrow. I can't believe school is starting. Let the games begin!

Jessett said...

You are so awesome! I wish I was more like you when it came to school. I am totally the opposite.

I hope that Leah has a great first day.

Bringhursts said...

I'm jealous too! And I want to go back and get more, more, more. Thanks for the great post.