Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mickey D's and Me

Today was the big fundraiser at McDonald's for Leah and Annie's gymnastic team. I signed up to work two half hour shifts working the drinks at the drive thru window. Leah and Annie were supposed to help, but apparantly, McDonald's has some tough child labor laws, so that left me to do the work. When I first got there, someone had already been assigned to the drink job (why have sign-ups?), so I got the buns assignment. That is right, I was in charge of toasting the buns. There I was in my flip-flops, apron, and hat toasting buns for 30 minutes. Not the most stimulating job, but not super terrible either. I was right right there in the thick of things, watching how the sandwiches are assembled, and I am pleased to say that I could probably still order one. I was not going to miss the drinks assignment, so when I had my fill of the bun toasting, I hustled over to the drive thru at the "shift change." I am also happy to say that I was pretty efficient at putting the lids on the cups. Brian and the girls went through the drive thru and I got to give them a little shout out. All, in all, it wasn't a bad way to earn some money for the girls.


5 comments:

Christi said...

I SOOOOO wish I would have known about this earlier!!!!!

Nancy Mc said...

Are you ready to get a new job? Interesting way to have a fund raiser!

Alifinale said...

You look awesome flipping buns. Glad to hear you didn't get grossed out behind the scenes.

Carrie and Bri said...

They allowed you to wear flip flops? I think that is against the health code...although maybe not in Vegas..anything flies there.:) If I worked the drink station, I would drink that HiC Orange the whole time.

Emily said...

Okay, that only sounds fun because I know that you only had to do it for a couple hours...totally sweet!