Saturday, June 21, 2008

The vegetation is so lush...




For those of you familiar with the movie "Pure luck" recall the scene where Martin Short and Danny Glover are flying in the little airplane. Martin gets stung by a bee, to which he is allegic, and his face swells up to four times the normal size. He has no clue what is happening and makes the comment to Danny that the vegetation is so lush from their viewpoint. Well, if Annie had better communication skillls she would have said the same thing last night. We were at a friend's house hanging out last night and after about 2 hours of being there I notice that Annie has snot all over her face and her eyes are almost sealed shut. She is also rubbing her eyes like a mad woman. (Now I must mention that she wasn't experiencing these symptoms for 2 hours and I was completely oblivious. It took that long for her body to form a reaction). It was concluded that she was allegric to the dog. How are you to know that these things will occur? I had no idea, but this was the first time she has had extended contact with a dog. A bath and some Benedryl seemed to help last night, but she woke up this morning looking a bit Chinese. Oh the adventures that you get to go on when you have a toddler.
*my cord to connect my camera to the computer is in Utah, so I will have to post pictures later unless I get computer savvy before then.

10 comments:

Bringhursts said...

I just found your blog-thanks for emailing me! The first thing I thought of when you said 'Pure Luck' was that exact same scene. Too funny. Poor little Annie. I'm allergic to dogs (and cats) so I can totally relate. Whenever I go to my father-in-law's house, (who has cats) my eyes swell shut and I get hives all over my neck. It makes for good times.

Emily said...

Poor Annie! I bet she still had that contagious smile on her face though...I would have loved to see that on her swollen little face. Sad, but kinda cute. I hope she's feeling better!

Emily said...

Oh, ps...my website is ylimesniper.blogspot.com

Doug and Dawn said...

Hey Rachel, I'm so glad you let me know about your blog. Your kids are so cute. I love the movie Pure Luck and that is one of my favorite scenes, so funny. Poor Annie though, of all the things for a kid to have to be allergic too. My girls love dogs that would be torture for them.

Doug and Dawn said...

I just read your about me section and congrats on your pregnancy. Another girl. That'll be fun.

Kara said...

Rachel, I'm so glad you have a blog now, cause I knew it would be funny! I especially love the story of Annie and Leah beating each other up on the ride at Lagoon. That's why my parents never took us anywhere! Anyways, my blog is private, so I'll have to e-mail you an invite.

The Johnson Fam said...

Oh Annie Girl. Mom showed me the picture you sent her...JUST HORRIBLE. I knew I should not have looked, I have never seen Annie look so sad. HORRIBLE.
I am glad she is feeling better and you now have a great excuse for avoiding pets of any kind.

Jessett said...

Yeah you have a blog!!!! I love it.. So, glad that you finally gave in. Welcome to many hours of wasted time.... LOL!!!

Nebeker Family said...

Korth,

I was so glad to get your little comment on my blog. I haven't heard or seen you in forever. Crazy huh? Me with a kid. The crazy thing is though is that you not only have one, but two little munchkins running around. The story that you just wrote about your little girl was too funny but sad at her expense. Well take care and hope to see more comments from you.

-Meghan

Mical said...

oh my heck! Her eyes look crazy! Poor Annie!! I 100% think she should have the scratch test done.