Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to Real Life

The holidays are over and it's time to get back to real life. We had fun visitng family and traveling all over the state of Utah, but it is time to buckle down and get back on schedule. Brian and Leah go back to school this week (which I'm secretly glad about-2 weeks is long enough. Brian will need to find something to occupy his time this summer or I might have to be committed-Oh the joys of being a teacher:-)). It is nice to look back on the year and look forward to what is to come. Here are some of my memories and things I am looking forward to.

2008 Reflections
10. Spending another crazy summer between Las Vegas and Ogden
9. Surving Girl's Camp
8. Being told by one of my students that I was one of his favorite teachers
7. Witnessing Annie receive free french fries from Arby's.
6. Watching Leah learn how to write her name
5. Brian finally getting hired on with the school district
4. Watching my mom graduate from the LPN program at the DATC.
3. Selling our house in Utah in 9 days, so we could buy a house in Vegas.
2. Finding a house in Las Vegas for an awesome deal!
1. Welcoming Lucy into our family and enjoying her sweet spirit and contagious grin

2009 Anticipations
10. A fun family vacation-who knows where or when
9. Getting into shape (anyone who would like to participate with this, let me know, it might be less painful with a group:-))
8. Book club-we have a great list of books to read
7. Figuring out how to sell my crazy pillowcases
6. Getting down to writing my book
5. Annie going to preschool
4. Leah going to kindergarten
3. Lucy growing up and doing all the things that babies do their first year of life.
2. Applying for the PhD in Public Health at UNLV.
1. Finally being able to paint the walls in my house!

p.s. Thanks Alison for the idea for this post.

3 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

I like the post. Show us a picture of your pillowcases. I hope you have a great 2009.

Alifinale said...

Annie got free french fries, way to work it Annie! Good list, glad you copied. I am in for the group workout!

Bringhursts said...

Love that Annie; she cracks me up. Also, fun list for 2009. Time for me to set some goals . . .