Monday, January 12, 2009

Don't Eat Pete!!

While going through some old boxes I came across an old game that I played growing up. My mom made it and it is called "Don't eat Pete." It is just a file folder game, but my siblings and I loved playing it. I dusted it off, grabbed some M&M's, and called my girls over for a rousing game. This is how the game is played. There are nine squares featuring a picture of different types of candies. A piece of candy is placed in each square. One player leaves the room and the others designate a "Pete" for that round. When the player returns he/she starts grabbing candies one by one. When the designated Pete is reached for, the rest of the players yell out, "Don't eat Pete!" (my girls started crying the first time I yelled out, and Leah told me not to yell at them). They quickly recovered and had a good time grabbing up the candies. It was Annie's turn for family home evening tonight and she picked to play the "M&M" game. It was great fun. I'm glad that I found this old treasure. If you want to play, come on over, but you might have to bring your own M&M's.:-)

Waiting to play

Annie showing off the game board

Leah running in for her turn
She got lucky and got to eat a piece
Carefully picking
Annie running back in (this was the funniest part of the whole night)
Annie taking a turn

6 comments:

The Webber's said...

I LOVE THIS GAME!!! We used to play it on Sundays when my dad wouldn't let us do anything else. We usually used Skittles though! I think I am going to have to try and dig it up and my mom's house now that you reminded me! Logan would LOVE it!

Nancy Mc said...

I too, loved this game. Wonder where my copy of it went??? I will have to do some searching.

Kara said...

I wish I could have been there to see that! I love the pictures- especially of Annie's face. Could she be any more excited? I also love that Leah got mad at you for yelling!

Alifinale said...

I LOVE Don't Eat Pete! I totally forgot about that. But it is all coming back to me. We want to come play - I will get some M&M's.

I need a copy of this game.

Carrie and Bri said...

Mom said you took that. I knew it! You need to make a copy for me. I tried to draw one and play with Brian...it wasn't the same. He too looked frightened when I yelled at him...maybe it's a Korth thing.:) I looked at my school schedule and I should get out early on that Friday. Hopefully everything will work out so we can come down. I will keep you posted.

Jodi and Dan said...

I learned this game from one of my room moms and it is so fun! I can totally see you loving this game, Rachel. :)