Thursday, January 1, 2009

Free french fries

We went to St. George for New Year's Eve. One of Leah and Annie's favorite things to do in St. George is go to the feed yard and see the cows and the horses. Annie thinks it's hilarious when the cows poop and Leah loves to give the horses apples. When Clayton (Brian's grandpa) was alive he would always go to Dutchman's (a gas station) for a Pepsi after a visit to the feed yard. We weren't going to break tradition, so we headed over after we had our fill of poop and the apples were gone. There is an Arby's in this particular gas station. Upon entering, Annie walks over to the Arby's counter and says, "Fries?" The workers laugh, but I manage to get her attention and she comes over to me and I am helping her pick out a drink. The next thing I know, an Arby's employee walks over and hands Annie a bag with french fries inside. I give her a puzzled look and she says, "That's what she ordered." I said, "She's two." The lady replied that she was aware of this, but since she was so cute she was giving her free french fries. Unbelievable. Annie thought it was the greatest thing ever and enjoyed sharing her fries on the ride back to the house. Later that same day she got free pudding at the deli in the grocery store. What is going on? If she is going to continue getting free stuff, I hope that she will move on to bigger and better things.

Showing off her free goods

5 comments:

Christi said...

I LOVE Annie!!!! If I was the Arby's worker I would have totally given her some too. She does need to start asking for some bigger things!

Kara said...

Annie is the cutest thing ever! I am sure she can flash her big smile and get much bigger things! I love all the Christmas and snow pictures! The girls are so cute in their matching jammies and Christmas dresses. I am glad you guys had so much fun in UT.

Jodi and Dan said...

Oh man, that is adorable! I think she would be pretty hard to resist.

Emily said...

I'm bringing Annie with me next time I go out. How can you resist that face? I would have given her anything she wanted.

Carrie and Bri said...

Ha ha ha she is such a character! Mom came over to help me paint and told me this story. It made me laugh.