Saturday, May 30, 2009

Preschool Graduation

For the past two years, Leah has been a superstar student in Ms. Heather's preschool. Last night was graduation. It was a great little program. The kids shared the things that they do in preschool each day. They sang songs, recited the pledge of allegiance, presented the calendar, and shared books that they had written. Heather is a magnificent teacher. Leah has learned so much with her. She read 33 books and learned 50 sight words during the past year. I can't believe that she is reading and she's not even in kindergarten yet. I learned to read in 1st grade and my teacher, Mrs. Reese, instilled a love of reading that is with me today. I hope that Leah will think of Ms. Heather as I think of Mrs. Reese. Heather shared some little memories about each student. She told of how when Leah was in her 3 year old class there was a day when she lost her star (the star is given each day for good behavior). Of course Leah was devastated at the loss of her star. She told Ms. Heather that she was never going to lose another star and she kept her promise. She received a star each day of preschool for the rest of last year and this entire year. We are going to miss Ms. Heather, but we are looking forward to kindergarten.

The processional
Perusing the books they wrote and illustrated
Showing off her skills
Leah with Ms. Heather

5 comments:

Emily said...

Well that is just too cute. I can't believe she has gone to 2 years of pre-school and soon kindergarten! She looks so excited, that is just too adorable.

And Annie got her cast off, yay! Easton was sad when his got taken off, but looks like Annie is relieved. I'm sure the saw was scary!

The Johnson Fam said...

Congrats to Leah, we tried to tape a voice note to tell her good luck but Sadie wasnt having that. She is such a smart little girl and she looks so happy about her accomplishment. I cant believe she will be kindergarten soon, Im sure she will love it.

Uila said...

i'm always game for some vb. btw, leah is too cute in this. what a big girl!!!

Carrie and Bri said...

You know it really is crazy to me that she is starting kindergarten. I keep thinking lately how fast time flies. I remember when she was a baby and you cried the first time you left her over night at mom's house. It's nuts. She is one smart cookie and I remember her telling me about losing her star. Funny girl. I am glad Annie is free again from that horrible plaster prison. I have a feeling that is just the beginning of the adventures with that one.:)

Jessett said...

OMG!!! I could eat her up.. Love this little girl.