Sunday, May 17, 2009

Track Meet

A few weeks ago, our stake hosted a track meet. It was one of the best church activities that I have attended. Our young women made signs and splatter painted their shirts. Points were awarded for spirit, participation, and the winning of events. The meet started off with a 5K and then other races followed. There was something for everyone and I was impressed with some of the skills that I saw. Brian ran in the 100 yard dash and he finished second to last in his heat. He said, "I was lucky to still be upright at the end. I was seeing black dots and everything was fuzzy." He even stayed home from church the next day with heat exhaustion! I am already looking forward to next year and hopefully I will be better prepared. I also found out this morning at Ward Council meeting that our ward took first place for the meet, so that made it just that much better.

Walking the 5K (we inherited another kid along the way) Leah and Lizzie running a stretch of the 5K
Brian gearing up for his race
Leah getting ready to run her race
The fam
Annie taking a break from the sun with an Otter Pop


1 comment:

Mical said...

Maybe this is the year for the "marathon." haha!