Sunday, July 13, 2008

Girls camp is over!

So, I returned home on Friday morning from Girl's Camp. What an adventure that turned out to be. We went to Camp Potosi and it was very hot and everything was very spread out. On a more positive note, there was a beautiful swimming pool, showers, and flushing toilets, and the girls got to shoot guns, canoe, and try out their hand at archery. I hope that the girl's in the ward had a good time. I had to chuckle at one of our Camp Director meetings when the Stake Camp director mentioned that the calling of camp director is a two year stint and our bishops should have mentioned that to us when extended the call. This was news to a majority of us. I am going to written explanation from a member of the first presidency verifying this rule before I can consider going again next year.:-)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I want to hear all about it. I can't believe then had a swimming pool, that's pretty sweet. We had a mud hole with snakes when I was going to girls camp.

Kara said...

I think we should have a "girls camp" for all of us girls! That sounds more fun doesn't it? But, we have to go in the mountains where it's cool and pretty and flushing toilets would be nice too!

C Crane said...

You are such a good sport. Wish I could have come!