Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surprise!

I must start out by saying that I have some pretty fabulous friends. Yesterday I was planning on going to lunch with a couple of friends, Mical and Melissa. They wanted to take me out before this baby comes. I was excited to get together with them. Well, lunch ended up being a surprise baby shower at Mical's house. I was supposed to meet at Mical's house at 12:30. I got there rang the bell and she answered the door. As I walked up the stairs, a group of my friends jumped out and yelled "Surprise!" I was so shocked I almost peed my pants. I had no clue that this was even in the cards. Apparantly Mical and Melissa have been planning this for weeks. Brian was invovled to get a list of girls in my current ward to invite and he diligently extracted from me some things that we needed for this new baby. I got a bunch of diapers (thank you, thank you, thank you), some clothes, blankies, and other necessaties for a newborn. We played a fun game, ate lunch, and just visited. It was a great time. I knew that I had wonderful friends, but they really pulled out all the stops for this one. I was beginning to dread the fact that I can no longer jump in the car and go, but will require the constant companionship of a 17 pound diaper bag. However, after yesterday, I feel that at least I have some essential items to toss in the bag.

2 comments:

Christi said...

I am glad that you had a good time! I am also glad that we could contribute to the 17 pound diaper bag!

Emily said...

Ughghgh diaper bags. Another thing on my list of reasons to not have another baby.

I'm sad I couldn't be there, but really glad you guys had so much fun! Diapers are always a necessity, so hopefully you got hooked up for awhile!