Monday, October 20, 2008

Breasting

Ok, so trying to figure out the in's and out's to nursing with a new baby is always an adventure, but doing it with a 2 year old and 4 year old in tow brings the experience to a totally different level. Leah is totally repulsed by the whole process. First off, she refers to it as "breasting." Who knows how she came up with this phrase. Now I need to mention that this is the girl who I have told on multiple occasions to "Cover up your nibbles" or Don't let anyone see your nibbles" and now mine are on display multiple times a day for anyone walking through the room. I'm sure it is confusing to her. She is constantly telling me to cover up, but she can't stop staring. It's like the bloody car accident-you don't want to look, but you can't tear yourself away from the scene. She is also having fun playing with my nursing cover-ups. Who knew they were the latest fashion in dress up? Annie just knows that when the boob comes out, the milk is on it's way and Lucy will be getting "munch." It's been quite the experience so far, and I'm sure there will be more special moments as time goes on.

6 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

And you have time for blogging????That is amazing. Good luck with the breasting and munch. I was usally to tense for the child to get much nourishment from the whole process.

Kara said...

I am a little surprised that Leah is so repulsed by it. I thought all little girls just tried to nurse their dolls all the time and put them under their shirts. Good luck with that.

Emily said...

That is so funny, Leah cracks me up. I had such a hard time with nursing in the beginning, I can't imagine doing it with 2 older kids around!

Jessett said...

Leah is hilarious!

Bringhursts said...

Hee hee hee. You should totally "formulalize" like me.

Doug and Dawn said...

Congrats she is beautiful. I'm glad I am not the only one who tries to do my own at home faux studio photo sessions. Great pictures though.

That's hilarious about the breasting. My girls were all up in the breastfeeding business as well. In fact Kate wanted to help and by help I mean she wanted to hold my boob and put in in Alexa's mouth the whole time she ate. She tried this on a number of occasions. Then she made up a song to the tune of Fruit Salad by the Wiggles. It went something like this. "Big boobies yummy, yummy" and so on and so on. Ya a little too much for me. MaKenna also kept making comments all the time about my boobs and just thought the whole thing of breastfeeding was so funny. They are over it now, 3 months later. Good luck.

I know 3 can be overwhelming at times so I hope all is well. We moved into a new place right before I had our baby as well so I know how crazy it can be. Hopefully you were able to get all settled in time.