Sunday, October 5, 2008

First Night

Yesterday was our big move day. Brian and the boys from the elders quorum did a great job getting a majority of the big stuff over to our new place. Since our beds were included in the big stuff, we were planning on spending the night in our new place. After much deliberation as to the sleeping arrangements for Leah and Annie, I finally decided that they would sleep in the same room on bunkbeds (Leah on top, Annie on the bottom). It was a tough decision because Annie can climb up to the top bunk, but then is unable to get herself down. She also loves to annoy Leah, so I was sure that drama would be involved and I was right. Brian's grandma and aunt came down from St. George and took the girls out on the town for the day. It was a huge help and we really appreciate their assistance. Well, the girls were just worn out from all their running around, so I was hoping that they would be super tired and just climb into their beds and go to sleep. On our way home from dinner and a quick trip to get lightbulbs (seriously, who thinks to pack up all the lightbulbs?) Annie fell asleep. I figured that I would just put her pajamas on and lay her in the bottom bunk and all would be well. Wrong. She woke up during the changing and was charged and ready to go. We finally tucked them both in and then waited to see what would occur. Brian and I were also exhausted from our day, so we got ready to bed down too. It took the girls awhile to settle down, but soon they were quiet. About 15 minutes later, Leah wakes up and is crying hysterically. I go in to see what is the matter and find Annie perched up on the top bunk. Apparantly she climbed up, found Leah's water bottle and dumped it all over Leah, who was peacefully sleeping. What a mess! I put Annie back in her bed, helped Leah get dried off and told them to go to sleep. Leah did fine until morning. Annie ventured into our room at about 4 am, but went right back down. I obviously should have considered another sleeping arrangement, but what do you do? Annie will just have to learn that it is not nice to dump water on your sister when she is sleeping.

8 comments:

Christi said...

That is awesome! I can just see Annie looking at Leah with that cute little smile!
I am glad that you guys are all moved in. Let us know if you need anything!

Emily said...

I think it's so funny how she likes to bug Leah so much...and she's the younger sister! I love it! Poor Leah, I would have been pissed.

I'm so glad you guys got all moved in, that is tough work, I'm surprised it didn't send you into labor!

Nancy Mc said...

Congratulations! on the new house. I think the bugging of the older one by the younger one comes naturally to MANY children. Wishing you well during the next few weeks....soom time for the new arrival, and I am still hoping that you go into labor on your own.

Tiana said...

LOL. Oh my that is so funny. I am sure at the moment not so funny but reading it from here in Texas...hilarious!

Alifinale said...

Oh this story makes me tired. Poor Leah, Annie is a stinker! Hope it gets better. I want to see you new place. I already miss knowing you are across the street.

Kara said...

poor Leah, I hope it's getting better. I can't wait to come see the new house!

Bringhursts said...

Rach, it's Anjie. I don't have your phone number or I'd call you. I left my awesome Bunco witches in the car the other night. Can I come pick them up sometime?

Bringhursts said...

Also, congrats on the new house!