Sunday, November 30, 2008

Baking Day

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is always Baking Day in my family. My mom, my sisters, my girls, and my niece all get together to bake the pies and rolls that will be devoured the following day. We make the same kind of pies every year-pumpkin, banana cream, and the infamous Razzleberry. In fact this year we looked at the date on the newspaper article where we got the Razzleberry recipe and it is 14 years old. This a long going tradition that is one of my favorites. I am especially grateful that my girls are able to participate and that they enjoy baking day as much as I do.
The next generation of Baking Day participants

Leah rolling out the pie crust

Lucy's first Baking Day!
Annie mixing the pumkin pie filling

3 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

I love this tradition. And the Razzleberry pie-yummy!

Christi said...

Cute pics. It looks delicious!! I think I need the recipe for the Razzleberry pie. It is my fave!!!

The Johnson Fam said...

Annie just makes me laugh, thats all I can say.