Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Joy

This past weekend, my mom came for a visit. We had a fabulous time. On Friday we went and saw High School Musical 3. It was awesome. We were the only ones in the theater, which is totally the way to go when watching a movie with kids (even Lucy attended). I will even admit that I got a little emotional during the graduation scene. We missed seeing my sister on the big screen, but we enjoyed ourselves none the less. We did some shopping on Saturday and then she got to come with me to book club that night. It was a great time. We read the book Water for Elephants (which I highly recommend) and we went to the circus and saw some great acts. Sunday was the Primary program and Leah did an excellent job with her part. I was glad that my mom was here to see her perform. All in all it was a great time. In fact Annie woke up yesterday and the first thing out of her mouth was "Joy?" Usually her first word in the morning is "breakfast", so she was obviously impressed with grandma Joy. Thanks mom for coming down. It was a great weekend!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I didn't know your mom was here! Fun! Sounds like you guys had so much fun. I can't believe you were the only people in the theater...that's crazy!

Nancy Mc said...

So happy that Joy got to come visit. You have an amazing mom. And you are just like her-AMAZING! Movie with 3 girls, and all that you do just amazes me.

Mical said...

I enjoyed having your mom here too! She was fun to have at book club.