Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cutting babies out

On Friday, Leah had a doctor's appointment to get caught up on her vaccinations in order to be ready for Kindergarten registration (gulp!) On the way there she was asking me questions about the doctor because this was her first visit to this particular office. She wanted to know her name and what she looked like. Then she blurts out "Is she a doctor who cuts babies out?" Apparantly, this is how my child thinks that all babies come into the world. In her mind, it's not a beautiful, spiritual experience, but more of a gory, messy procedure. Technically, I have my babies cut out of me, but I felt that I explained things a little less bluntly to her when Lucy was born. Obviously I was wrong. I told Leah that her new doctor was not one who cuts babies out, but one who focuses on keeping kids healthy. Needless to say, I am going to have to do some damage control, but I just didn't have the energy at that moment to correct her twisted conception on the miracle of life.

3 comments:

Alifinale said...

That is too funny. Leah cracks me up. Whatever you do, just don't show her the video to better explain things. I don't think she is ready for that.

Uila said...

bahahahaha! sorry i didn't send you one....wait, i didn't send any! maybe i'm just a horrible mother who just likes to keep things simple...just wait for our next baby. we'll race you to a boy:)

Uila said...

Ok. I give up. You win!;) Because our swimmers are apparently to slow...