Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's about time!

We moved into our house the first week of October. Our garage has been filled to the gills with stuff since we moved in. We have managed to get most of the boxes unpacked and out of the house, but the garage was a different story. We weren't really in a big rush because we have a nice long driveway where we parked the van. Well, we had some friends in the ward, who moved in across the street from us the last weekend of January. They too had stuff in their garage and parked their van in their driveway. Last week I look out my window to see my friend return home, open her garage, and pull all the way in. What was that all about? Well, I got a little case of keeping up with the Jones', or in this case the Dayton's. Yesterday Brian and I spent most of the day going through our crap in the garage. The goal was to be able to pull the van into the garage before dinner. Well, we did it, and it only took us just under 5 months to accomplish. Now I just have to worry about not slamming into my house as I back out.

Lucy hanging out in the garage while we sorted through things.
Brian standing proud of his accomplishment
(Please don't focus on the left side of the garage. Remember,
the goal was to get the van in, not to completely
get rid of all the stuff).
A better view in the light of day

3 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Good for you. I am amazed by the number of people who have 2 car garages and NEVER are able toput even one car in. So you did well!
Good luck on the damage control of how babies are born. hehe

Bringhursts said...

Let's not even talk about garages. Mine is the black hole of my life and I would be so ashamed if anyone ever saw it.

Alifinale said...

Congratulations on getting a car in! That is quite the accomplishment.